This creamy vegetable pasta is a quick and easy meal for any day of the week. You don’t even need to use fresh tagliatelle, any pasta shape will do and you can also vary the vegetables depending on what you fancy. Peas and sweetcorn also work well, as do peppers. While cooking, hopefully the smell of garlic and oregano will tickle the taste buds.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 175g fresh tagliatelle
- 50g cream cheese
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sunflower oil
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach
- 1 leek, sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- Get the pasta in a pan to boil.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and fry off the onion, adding the garlic after a couple of minutes.
- Add the leek and mushroom, and cook for about 5 minutes, while stirring. Add the salt, pepper and oregano whilst the vegetables are cooking.
- Add the spinach and let it wilt before stirring in.
- Add the cream cheese, letting it melt slightly before stirring through.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and plate up.
- Add the creamy vegetables on top of the pasta, and serve.