When it came to the time to choose the first recipe for the baking column, I chose “topsy-turvy cake” without a moment’s thought. This amazing recipe, created by my mother, has always been very sought after.
· 1 sheet yeast puff pastry
· 100 g refrigerated butter
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 2-3 large apples
Also you will need a non-stick round cake pan and a large dinner plate.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the baking tray.
2. Take the pastry out of the freezer.
4. After that sugar the butter layer well. Again, the cake won’t be too sugary if you add more than 1/3 cup of sugar.
5. Peel and slice the apples. Lay them on the pan as is shown on the picture.
6. Roll out dough and cover the baking pan with it, paying attention to the edges.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until lightly brown on top.
8. Leave to cool for 1-2 hours, after that cover the cake with the plate and pour out excessive melted butter if there is any.
9. Turn over the cake to place it on the plate.
10. Enjoy! And be prepared to listen to “How did you do that?”
You can add dried fruit in the middle of the cake before baking like I did (see the picture)