If you are looking for a quick and simple recipe to follow in order to make a delicious and impressive meal then look no further. This chicken and bacon risotto is surprisingly easy, with the step by step guide it is perfect for any student’s cooking abilities. The taste is rich and flavourful, you will definitely be going back for seconds.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion/shallots diced finely
- cup of risotto rice
- 4 strips of bacon chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cubes of butter
- glass of dry white wine
- Begin by chopping the chicken into chunks and dice the onion/shallots finely.
- Place the butter into a pan and melt it over a medium heat. Add the onions/shallots to the butter and cook until they are soft. Add the risotto rice and stir in well.
- Begin to add the wine into the pan gradually until absorbed. Then slowly add the chicken stock.
- In a separate pan cook the bacon and chicken. Once cooked through add them to the rice on a low heat.
- Stir the mixture until the chicken stock has been absorbed and the rice is fluffy.
So why not impress someone with your cooking skills and rustle up a chicken and bacon risotto in a short amount of time? You can change the recipe up and replace the chicken and bacon with vegetables or a different type of meat, whatever your fancy. That is what makes this recipe so perfect, you can easily add or take away what you do or don’t like. Now, put down those frozen pies and try something a little different and more indulgent for tonight’s dinner!