There are so many beauty advent calendars being advertised and with December fast approaching decisions need to be made. Since most are quite pricey, I have narrowed the choice down to 5 of the more affordable ones (a Jo Malone one is 300 pounds!) I’ve based these on reviews from YouTube and also by my experience of other products produced by the brand. So have a look and maybe you’ll find one you fall in love with!
- Nyx ‘Lippie Countdown’ – This calendar is £50 and includes 24 lipsticks, glosses and velvet lip creams. It works out at around £2 per lip product so it is amazing value for how much you get. The lip products I have tried from NYX have been fab and lasted well, so this would be great if you’re into lipsticks or trying to build your collection.
2. The Body Shop – The Body Shop have brought out a few advent calendars this year, with the cheapest starting at £45 which includes £88 worth of product. There is also a £65 one which has £116 worth of product and lastly a £99 one which includes £214 pounds worth of products! If you’re a fan of The Body Shop these are worth having a look at, they do include full sized products as well as mini’s and obviously you save a lot of money rather than buying the products individually (if you use them obviously!) Here is a link to the 65 one being unboxed if you are impatient and want to see what sort of things are included and the link to buy the calendar is below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVLtl-Q4K0
3. ASOS Grooming Calendar – This calendar is £55 and includes a variety of products for men. There is a mix of skin and hair products alongside a lot of branded products. You would definitely be sorted for a while! This is also a great gift idea for a boyfriend as an early present or you could just unbox the items and create a bundle of different products
4. Makeup Revolution – Currently reduced from £50 to £30! This calendar includes highlighters, brushes, lipsticks and a full eyeshadow pallet alongside other things. If you want to try out a bunch of their products then this is great due to the variety. Makeup revolution is an affordable brand but the products are usually really good quality. You can buy this on the Superdrug website now with discount!
5. Selfridges – Although this may seem a bit pricey at £70 , the products you get in it are amazing quality and the packaging is beautiful. The products are mostly sample and travel sizes, however it contains products from a variety of brands from Molton Brown to Eve Lom to Cover FX. This calendar probably has the best variety of products out of all the ones on the list and it’s the one I’m most interested in as it has products for skincare and body, face, hair and even a This Works spray to help you sleep! It would also make for a great bundle of presents for a mum if you’re unsure what to get!
P.S. If you buy this calendar this weekend, you can get 10% off thanks to Black Friday discounts!
So those are the 5 beauty advent calendars that are worth having a look at if you fancy treating yourself in the run up to Christmas, and lets be real, we deserve it after all the deadlines.