This super healthy curry is easy and quick to make for an evening meal in the winter months. You can add some spinach, raisins or any other vegetable that takes your fancy to make the recipe just right for you and your guests. The mild and creamy taste of the korma sauce makes it the perfect option for all the family. This delicious dish can be served with rice, poppadoms or naan bread depending on what your favourite side is to compliment the main dish.
Ingredients: Butternut squash, carrots, chickpeas, cashews, onions, garlic, coconut milk, curry paste
- Begin by peeling, washing and chopping up the butternut squash and carrots.
- Then dice the onion and garlic. Fry the butternut squash and carrots on a low heat in olive oil until they have softened slightly.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onion has gone golden brown.
- Add approximately 2-3 teaspoons of curry paste and mix it in with the ingredients already cooking.
- Allow to cook on a low heat, again allowing the vegetables to soften more.
- Depending on how much sauce you want add a tin of coconut milk and more can be added if it becomes too thick.
- Now add the cashews and chickpeas and allow to cook on a medium heat.
- Cook until the butternut squash and carrots have softened and then serve with rice.