Wellbeing Week will be running for its third consecutive year from Monday 30th April to Friday 4th May. The aim of Wellbeing Week is to encourage staff and students alike to look after their health and wellbeing, particularly in the run up to deadlines and exam season.
Throughout the week the University will run several completely FREE activities for students; the events vary from fitness to relaxation, and include some fun breaks from revision and deadlines. Some do require booking online, so make sure you check beforehand!
Highlights of Wellbeing Week
For those of you wanting to let off some steam, the Sports and Fitness centre is free all week! All you have to do is sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/GaVp7SmIzWYY0rLk1
- Free 20 minute back, neck and shoulder massage! All you have to do is book-in at the sports and fitness centre reception. (9am-4pm, booking required)
- Chill out Room in the Guild! A room dedicated to relaxing quietly in any way you want to. What could be better with exam season coming up? (9am-5pm, Gilmour Room, the Guild)
- Meet the Guide Dogs at Mountford Hall! (Unfortunately this has already sold out but is a highlight of the day that many will be talking about!)
- Campus Fun Run! A chance to run, jog or walk around campus; choose to either participate in a 2.5k walk or 5k run! It starts outside the sports centre and anyone can take part! All you have to do is book your place! (12.15pm start, Sports and Fitness Centre)
- Mindfulness Lego! Taking you back to your childhood: play with lego for a couple of hours in the School of Engineering! (1-3pm, Active Learning Lab, Harrison Hughes Building)
- A Falconry Display! Learn all about the majestic falcons, eagles and owls in Abercromby Square, falconry can be so interesting if you just spend the time learning about the birds! (12-4pm, Abercromby Square)
- Relaxation classes! Breathing techniques and posture will be covered, helping all of you combat that built up stress the month of May brings with it. (5.05-6.05pm, booking required)
- Wellbeing Fete! Stalls of food and games will overtake University Square, all of which can help you improve your own health and wellbeing! (11.30-2.30pm)
- Chill Out Room 2.0! But this time in the Syndey Jones (very convenient for those of us cramming in for those last minute deadlines)! (9am-5pm, KnowHow Room)
There are anywhere from 10-13 events occurring each day so why not get involved and let out some of that pre-exam stress!
You can book for events online and find the full Wellbeing Week timetable here: